Saturday, 16 January 2016

Back to it!

Here's a good way to start things. This is my wastebasket. It's very large and I've not emptied it (I don't think) since I began sewing again this past summer. I really really jammed the fabric down, and in the end I had a meniscus of fabric at the top. Must be due to static bonding or something.
I think it's full.


So I dumped it out, and appreciated its impact as art. Also this brought back memories of all the projects I've undertaken during the time.
Impactful Beauty. Not for sale.
Now I'm ready to start over:
Let's rock!

So today I finished up a little jammies project for a friend of mine who recently had a baby boy. I made this pattern (Kwik Sew 3960) in a soft, soft, soft red fleece (it's super-soft!!!), and a matching hat from this pattern.
 I will learn to rotate pics in 2016.
It turned out so cozy, comfy, sweety! Valerie says she hopes I will make a "life-size" one for her! We'll see.
Sleeper plus hat.
Mark puts rabbit in hat.
Hat is on backwards, but no matter.
Monkey wears hat.
In other creative news, my daughter made this cake today. Isn't it lovely!!
Talented girl. Tastes good too!
Bye for now.

I have a whole back load of various sewing projects I did around Christmas. I hope to post pictures of them on this blog in the days to come, plus anything new I make. Gotta go and Happy New Year, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment