Tuesday, 17 November 2015

What two yards makes

In a previous post, I showed the six 2-yard pieces of fabric I received in the October KnitFix package from Girl Charlee. I made for myself a t-shirt, made from one of the fabrics. It is so light and slinky. My daughter asked me to make her one too, exactly like mine (well, not exactly - it had to be two sizes smaller - ha ha).

Then I still had fabric left over, so I made a running belt, using this diy tutorial. I wanted one because in the summer when I'm gardening I like to listen to audiobooks or podcasts. When you weed, you bend over a lot and my iPod was constantly falling out of my pocket onto the ground. This running belt holds it securely.

Here's what I made with just two yards of fabric.

Valerie says she wants to wear her new t-shirt to school tomorrow, so I'm going to try to get a shot of her wearing it to add to this post tomorrow morning.

Update: She didn't exactly feel like having her picture taken early this morning. I respect that. She did consent to this one, which is torso only.

No comments:

Post a Comment