Monday, 23 November 2015

I made a skirt

I made a skirt from the 2 yard Girl Charlee KnitFix bundle I got for the month of November. I used the 30 minute skirt pattern from So Sew Easy. I have also started a hoodie for my daughter, so with two yards of this ponte knit, we get two boffo garments. Here's the first one.
Since I cut out the hoodie first, there was not enough leftover fabric to cut both a back and a front of the skirt, so I pieced together the back. Here's a picture of that. I actually like the seam in the back - it helps me tell where's the back vs where's the front.
And I still was able to match the stripes on the side seams!

So, I'll be back again with Valerie's new hoodie after I'm done making it.
Bye.



2 comments:

  1. Super cute fabric choice and I like the back seam as well. That was a nice save!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That is high praise coming from you. Thanks for commenting. You're the first person to do so - makes me happy :)

      Delete